Clean premises and equipment
This unit is an accredited training resource consistent with the Nationally Recognised Training requirements for Vocational Education and Training (VET) and is ideal for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) in Australia. It consists of Learning Resource Material (instructional theory), an Assessment Workbook, and information about assessment mapping to the Performance Criteria, Knowledge Evidence, and Performance Evidence requirements of this accredited unit.
Our SITHACS009 training product is available for purchase as a hardcopy (printed) book in both Learner Guide and Trainer/Assessor Guide variants. This unit is available for enrolment and online training/assessment via Catapult LMS (Learning Management System). NOTE: If you are a training provider, please do your own validation, in accordance with your Training and Assessment Strategy (TAS).
$17.00 inc GST
Unit information about the SITHACS009 training material in this resource
SITHACS009 information from training.gov.au.
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to carry out general cleaning duties. It requires the ability to set up cleaning equipment and to safely clean premises and equipment using resources efficiently to reduce negative environmental impacts.
The unit applies to people responsible for general cleaning duties in any industry context. They work under supervision and usually as part of a team.
The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
Skills must be demonstrated in a commercial environment. This can be:
- an industry workplace; or
- a simulated industry environment set up for the purposes of assessment.
Assessment must ensure access to:
- wet and dry areas to be cleaned including different hard and soft surfaces
- fixtures and small equipment that require cleaning
- cleaning equipment
- cleaning agents and chemicals for hard and soft surfaces
- personal protective clothing appropriate to the cleaning task being undertaken
- organisational specifications:
- equipment manufacturer instructions
- product manufacturer instructions
- procedures for cleaning premises and equipment
- standards for presentation of premises.
Assessors must satisfy the Standards for Registered Training Organisations’ requirements for assessors and have worked in industry for at least three years where they have applied the skills and knowledge of this unit of competency.